Saturday, June 14, 2008

leadership and discipleship

Today, I won a sprint duathlon which included a 3.1 mile run then a 22 mile bike and finished with another 3.1 mile run. It was the first time I rode my new bike in any race but last years "Ironman." Wow, what a difference, I dropped 7 minutes, which is huge! Can you say TROPHY!
OK back to the topic, at C3 we have now hit our summer season. Instead of kicking back, we are going to kick it up. Our focus will be leadership and discipleship. So when the fall hits, we have leaders ready to lead and our community groups ready to rock. I'm excited to see where we end up, this time next year. Only God knows!

5 comments:

Derek said...

Ok...so I have to ask...and making you are just waiting for the right Sunday, but what are your plans for leadership and discipleship this summer?

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the duathalon! Amazing!

Jim "E" said...

Hey I was totally there when you crossed the finish line you looked strong... You did not only win you had a good 8 plus minutes on the next person who crossed the line... I think it was the hair that gave you advantage( HA HA)
Blessings
Jim Elliott

Konan Stephens said...

Jim - great to see you there, I had to leave early and hope they send me the trophy.
Tina, thanks.

Derek - Much of it will be behind the scenes to get ready for another growth spurt in the fall. We are launching a men's and woman's "ISI" which is leadership training in order to develop more leaders for major roles. Also, we will soon begin recruiting for community group leaders as well as training them. I really feel those 2 things are key for C3's growth at this point.

Konan Stephens said...

Jim - My bald friend, it was great to see you there. I had to leave early and hope they send me my trophy.
Tina - thanks.
Derek - Much of it will be behind the scenes to get ready for another growth spurt in the fall. We are launching a men's and woman's "ISI" which is leadership training in order to develop more leaders for major roles. Also, we will soon begin recruiting for community group leaders as well as training them. I really feel those 2 things are key for C3's growth at this point.