Wednesday, June 25, 2008

bound


Last night I watched "Kingdom of Heaven." I'm a huge Braveheart, Gladiator type movie fan. It may sound crazy, but those kind of movies, move me to seeking God's face. In the flick there is a peasant who becomes a knight. Amongst all the corruption of power, he hold true to doing what is right no matter what. He was bound to serving his King and walking in character and integrity. So much so, that even his enemies respected him for who he was. This morning I read in Romans 6:22, where we have been freed from sin and are now slaves to God. I want to be bound as a slave to my King and serve Him with utmost integrity. I read a quote once that said, "poverty will test you, but power will ruthlessly examine you." Either way, I commit to giving my all.

No comments: