Saturday, June 21, 2008

How does that happen?

Ok, so today I go to cash in my $50 gift certificate at a running store I won a couple of weeks ago, but can't find anything I really NEED for under $50. So my Keri, while in the van had asked for me to check on some arch supports for her shoes. Long story short, she ends up coming in, I end up watching the kids in the van and she buys the insoles and new gym bag on my gift certificate! I walk away with a triathlon sticker, a power bar and .85cents. How did that happen? Truthfully, I have everything I really need to run and I love my wife....alot.

PS - Ran another 5k today and finished 5th. All the big boys came out for this one. I did run a PR (personal record) for the past couple of years with a 17:46. I also limped.... I mean walked away with a $75 dollar gift certificate to another running store........But believe me when I say, Keri will not be with me when I go to spend that one. Ha

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Have I ever even seen a running store? They have those?