Tuesday, June 3, 2008

guard your words

Today, I was in a conversation with someone that I had talked about unknowingly, with them as part of the conversation. (I hope that makes sense) Anyway, a couple weeks later they brought this conversation back up and said that they were "that" person. They said they were able to see my heart through what I said, and what I didn't say. I am glad to say that it ended in my favor, because I didn't bash but rather spoke out of love. This really got me thinking about all the conversations I have. If I wouldn't say it to their face, I shouldn't say it at all. Have you ever "accidentally" called someone on your cell phone unknowingly, and then wondered what you had said while they were listening? Personally, I want to guard my words better. Who have you talked about today, and was it positive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Time to repent.
:)