Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finding my rhythm


We all have rhythm's that we need to learn to flow with. I have learned the rhythm of how my body recovers when it comes to my running and the proper rest I need. I am learning now that I can speak 5 weeks in a row before I start to lose my effectiveness. I really feel that if I speak 6 weeks in a row, my creativity, passion and energy seems to wain. I'm not sure if others can sense it, but I definitely feel it. I then have to push a lot harder to make it happen. Life is all about balance and rhythm and when we learn ours, we can be more effective. Are you in rhythm?

2 comments:

Pastor Joe said...

That's good! I definitely feel that. The hard reality of that for a pastor with no staff is that you are not able to take that "sixth week" to refresh. Maybe someday.

Konan Stephens said...

Joe, you in for Gary and I's foursome for the Pastor's Master's for the Forum? You are our only hope! ha

Also, I know of a few speakers that would do great job for a small church budget. I got names if you are interested.