Wednesday, June 4, 2008

infusing

One of our goals at C3 church is to be a positive influence in our community. Today, I met with the city planner and another official to discuss where we could give some money back to the city. September 6th, C3 will host the "Faster than the Pastor Community 5k." All proceeds will help create safe travel routes for kids in Pickerington by installing some needed sidewalks near our schools. The city planner said, "I wish we had more churches like 3C, (I couldn't bring myself to correct him) "you guys are always giving back to this community." Then he said, "If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask, and I mean big or small." Let's just say, I left there smiling, for that is truly our heart. We want to be so "infused" in this community that if our church were to some reason relocate, that they would miss us.

2 comments:

dearabby said...

How much is the race? Are there cool t-shirts? PS Rockin' idea.. you are fast!

Konan Stephens said...

20 bucks.....i hope to see you there.