Saturday, June 7, 2008

another 5k

Today, I got up early to run the Violet Township Bicentennial 5k. It was a smaller race that I managed to win and get a $50 gift certificate to a running store, a free months membership to a local gym and a big trophy. All this for a $20 entry fee. The only bummer of the race was that they had no mile markers. So I had no idea how fast or slow I was running because I had no way to measure it. The same is true in life. If we can't measure our growth, learning or movement, how can we know we are heading in the right direction. That is why we must have measurable goals in our life that are reviewed on a regular basis. I am in the process of sitting down with our staff and coming up with measurable 3 month goals for them professionally and a personal growth plan for them personally.

No comments: