Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Who I am & who I am not

The more I grow spiritually, the more I can begin to define, who I am and who I am not. It really comes down to discovering, and then understanding how God has wired me personally. Not only that, but then living it out to serve God first. Knowing who I am and who I am not, also helps me with establishing and maintaining boundaries that help me stay most effective. We can get pulled down from so many angles of things that might be "good" but not the "best." We have those around us who with probably good intentions, want their will for us rather than God's. So as God continually clarifies who you are, make sure you stay in His Will.

2 comments:

//chrystamarie said...

Hi Pastor Konan!

I was just browsing through some blogs when I came across your own.

Even just this week I've also been doing a lot of thinking about as you put it, who I am and am not. For a class I'm taking called "Principles of Leadership" our assignment was to think about how God has gifted us and what He's calling us towards, and then write a personal mission statement. I'll admit it was a challenge!

Anyway, I wonder if learning about who I am and who I'm not is something I'll be learning about for a long time.

Give my hellos to your lovely lady and kids, too.

- Chrysta Ebie

Konan Stephens said...

Chrysta,
Great to hear from you! I feel that we continually learn who we are as we walk through life. Some things can only be learned through pain and trials and some through success. I have always known God's hand was on you. Keep running the race.