Thursday, January 31, 2008

simple church

Today, Gary and I went to talk the "Simple Church" model for discipleship with 9 other leaders in Canton. We shared our story and how it is working for us. I hope the others were able to glean a couple things from what we shared. Driving home, Gary and I talked about what it does to ignite the passion within us just to talk about what God is doing. If you have not read the book "Simple Church", I would say it is a must read for anyone desiring to see people discipled.

Tomorrow bright and early, my Keri and I fly out for a speaking engagement in Seattle. She has never seen the city and we have a few extra hours to tour the city. The goal is to find the "Mother Starbucks" and maybe the space needle. Time will tell.
We will be ministering at a youth retreat in the mountains. I spoke out there last year and am excited to bring my Keri this year. I hope to post a picture or two. Also, we get to attend my buddy Troy Jones church in Renton Washington before catching a flight. He is a great leader whom I hope to grab a few minutes with Sunday. The only bummer of the whole thing is, we are flying during the Super Bowl! Oh well, I'll live.

3 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Hey Man, The meeting was great. I will be chewing on items from the discussion for a long time.

Thanks!

dearabby said...

Konan - Make sure to take Kerri to Pike Place.. It's awesome. Are you guys speaking in Stephen's Pass? Have fun!

Konan Stephens said...

Thanks Dave, I really hope it helped.
Abby, we are speaking at Blacklake Bible Camp to a bunch of teenagers from a large church in Renton WA.