Monday, January 21, 2008

facing fears

Tomorrow I get to go in to school with my 1st grader, to help him overcome his fear of wearing his new hearing aid. The school guidance counselor is going to let me come in with him during a "difference day" time. She will read a book about everyone being different, and then have the kids tell about what makes them different. I'll be there with my boy to show off his new hearing aid and how cool it is. He is very scared about being made fun of. I really hope this helps him. This could be one of those defining moments in his little life, where he faces his fears and grows as a person. Really, that is what life is right? We are continually faced with adversity and fears that we must conquer to live life to the fullest. I'm praying for courage for my little guy tomorrow. What fears are you currently facing?

2 comments:

Christy said...

awww - that's a great way of introducing differences and making them all feel more comfortable with them. Differences make the world an interesting place in which to live!

Can't wait to hear how it goes. No pun intended.

Anonymous said...

i pray that went well brother.