Friday, January 11, 2008

facing fears


Sunday, we are talking about facing your fears. My boy Kaden just got a hearing aid in one ear and is afraid to wear it to school. He will wear it to church and everywhere else, but not school. I asked him if any kids have glasses, and he said one girl does, but keeps them in her bag, so no one will make fun of her. As a dad, I can't believe that my 6yr old 1st grader already struggles with fear of what others think. I had a good talk with him about courage and being a leader. I told him that I believed that he had the courage to face being afraid. Still though, he is not there yet.
Isn't it amazing how from around the 1st grade until now, we let fears control us and keep us from living life to the fullest? I have found that fear grows when it is left alone and it's power intensifies. Also, I have found that when I gain the courage and face my fears, it usually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. My question to you then is: What fears are hindering you and what are you going to do about it?

No comments: