Wednesday, January 16, 2008

right in your own eyes


I'm sure I wasn't the only one watching the 2 hour premier of American Idol last night. I love the beginning weeks and the final weeks. The beginning is the best because people get on national television and make fools of themselves. Why do we like that so much? I ask myself, don't they know how bad they sound? I guess that is why they Bible talks about "every way of a man seems right in his own eyes". We can see it in others, but very rarely in ourselves. At ministers retreat, the speaker would say something that I knew "others" needed to hear, and that comes natural to me. My desire though, is to try to take an honest look at myself first, or even better if I have found someone who will shoot straight with me. That person is hard to find. On occasion, I have invited people to C3, to give me critique on how we or I can improve. Then I have to be tough enough to take the hit.

PS - Just met with the local Bible College who confirmed the 9 interns that will each spend 4 - 8 hours with us a week. They will each come in for a half day during the week and then for the Sunday evening service. They are taking this as a graded elective and start next week.

No comments: