Wednesday, January 23, 2008

protection

My boy Kaden did pretty well with the whole hearing aid thing at school. I think he was reassured that I was there and to help him show his hearing aid to the class. I had lunch with him and 8 other 1st graders who all wanted to tell me their lives story. It was great! Kaden was bummed though when I had to leave. That's how life works. As a parent I do my best to protect my kids from pain, but there are lessons that they will have to learn on their own. Not enough protection, or too much protection from the pain of this world, can both be harmful. I'm trying to find the balance. Spiritually, I pray for God's protection for me and my family, but I also know that it is through adversity, that we grow. Regardless of what I go through, I trust God.

2 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Konan, Great to read that Kaden's experience went well.

Off of the subject, your last 2 lines in your post struck me.

World wide, over 150,000 people are coming to Christ each day, many from countries were Christianity is forbidden. The adversity is a climate that showcases God's power and growth occurs. Just something I thought of while reading your post.

Blessings

Konan Stephens said...

good word