Thursday, January 24, 2008

forecasting


I feel that as leaders we must constantly be forecasting. Just as a weather man makes an educated guess from the information he has, in the same way we must continue to plan for the future. When I knew I was newly called to be in ministry, I began to ask myself, "What do I need to be effective in ministry?" I came up with a few things and started growing in those areas. Still, I'm constantly asking myself those kind of questions. I look at where I think I and the the ministry God has entrusted to me is going, and then try to be one step ahead. Today, I'm going to meet with our city planners to talk about where Pickerington is projected to expand and where we could buy land as to be right in the middle of the action for the future. We currently have 10 acres...........but I'm forecasting that it won't be enough! What do you feel is in God's forecast for you?

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Someone once prayed, "God, help us to lay a foundation strong enough to support the ministries you will build on it.

I appreciate your vision man!