Friday, January 25, 2008

"The Apprentice" church planting style

Today, we have 9 interns coming in for the 1st time. We have them for 12 weeks and are going to break them up into 2 teams and do an "Apprentice" style competition throughout the time with us. We are using our new Sunday night service as the pilot. Each team must layout a plan of how they would plant/target/advertise/launch/structure/grow their new church plant. They have a budget and can get as creative as they want. We may actually even use some or part of their plans for the Sunday night service. Time will tell how it plays out.

Also, I'm in talking with the guys from the city and sharing vision of where are church is and where we are going and how we will need a bigger piece of land to accomplish the vision. The one guy looks at me and says "Where did you come from?" I began to answer and he says "No, why did you choose Pickerington?" I looked him square in the eye with a smile and said, "You may not fully understand this, but God told me to come here and plant this church." Looking back in his eyes, although not being a follower of Christ himself, I think he actually believed me. The meeting went on and we got a really good location out of it that I had already been eyeing. The both of them could not figure out why that nice piece of land had not been bought yet? I was thinking to myself.......I think I may know why!

No comments: