Wednesday, August 27, 2008

tim hortons


So this morning I'm treating myself to a poor man's Starbucks..(you know, a Tim Hortons mocha)..ha. As I'm driving through the 10 car line at the drive-thru, I start listening to a song on the radio and writing in my palm/phone some words of inspiration. I am now the 2nd car from the window and realize that I never ordered. I had my windows up, the music blaring, as I'm writing, and slowly cruising by. I realized what I had done, started laughing, broke line and drove to the church. I drove away laughing at myself. (For the record, I have never done that before) It did get me thinking of how much of life we miss while being stuck in our fast paced, technological little worlds. So today, I am reminded again to take some time to smell the roses......or in my case, the coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Wednesday, trying to get out of the parking garage I park in (downtown Columbus), I realized I lost my transponder. After searching the parking garage, I had to walk four blocks to the parking office. Once they gave me instructions on what to do the next business day and arranging to have someone come let me out, I started to leave the office and the lady helping me gasped. I turned around and she was leaning forward, hands over her mouth and making noise (I thought she was having a medical condition or something). Anyways, she then started pointing at my butt and there was my transponder. It had fallen off the window during the day and I apparently sat on it and the adhesive was strong enough to stick. Of course I laughed (and she and her co-workers were crying) for about 5 minutes. What is funnier and maybe sadder - is that numerous people drove by me in that garage and multiple people walked behind and no one either noticed or had the guts to tell me I had a 2 inch by 3 inch piece of white plastic stuck on the seat of my blue pants. Good times!! Hope to be there at the 5K on 9/6/2008.

Konan Stephens said...

too funny.....your story trumps mine, no doubt.