Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Duck...duck...duck...GOOSE

Another great thought from the book was, "faith doesn't follow signs, signs follow faith." I think too often we will sit and wait for a sign....for weeks....for months...for years. We wonder why God is not speaking to us. I believe one reason is because many of us are not doing what God us to told us to do last. That's why it's a "faith" journey. You have to step out in trust even when all the steps are not there yet. I have found that the fruit is out on the end of the limb and that you have to go out there to get it. When you do, the signs start showing up. For me on my own journey, they have been confirmation signs of "your heading in the right direction." But they are signs I would have never seen unless I was continuing to move. The greater the faith, the greater the impact! So what are you waiting on? You are only one small act of courage away!

1 comment:

shawna said...

That's an awesome demonstration of faith I think we miss a lot of the time - that we can't expect God to speak to us or to help us without putting forth our own efforts in reaching His will for our lives...kind of like a "If you build it, He will come." mentality. =)