Saturday, August 2, 2008

people/experiences

This week, I met some incredible youth leaders and students. I believe that every person I meet and every experience I have, shape me. Every experience adds to the previous and how I choose to navigate through them and respond to them, forms who I am. Also, every person I meet has the potential of influencing me, if I allow them to. At this camp, I met an ex-bike gang member named Brian. He had tattoo's, piercings, was missing part of his finger and you could tell had been a rough character. He still looks the part, but the inside of Brian is soooo much different. This guy in his middle 40's, was now a camp counselor who loves students because of the life changing power of Jesus Christ. What an encouragement to me and others, to see a guy is living proof of the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. My life is better because I got to meet Brian and experience this camp. What people or experience has shaped you in the past couple of weeks?

No comments: