Friday, August 29, 2008

I planted but someone else watered


I was speaking at a youth ministry that I had spoken at several years ago and was approached by a young lady that said, she had received Jesus Christ the last time I was there. She was doing well and had been serving God since then. It was so cool to see some of the fruit from those traveling days as the State Youth Director. The Bible says that one may plant the seed, another may water the seed, but God makes it grow. My role was planting the seed and leading her to Jesus, but that Youth Pastor and Youth Ministry is the one who watered and nurtured her spiritually. God though, was responsible for her growth. Sometimes I play the planting role, other times the watering, but my efforts are futile without the Power of God which makes them grow. In who's life are you planting or watering?

No comments: