Monday, August 25, 2008

some stuff

- Saturday got to compete in a triathlon my buddy Jim and also to be there as Gary Fowler crossed the line for his 1st sprint triathlon. I finished 2nd and Gary 18th out of 75. Not too bad!
- Had a good Sunday. We did a GroupLink luncheon after church where we plugged people into Community Groups. We are trying something new where we will still have several in homes, but now we will have 3 larger ones that meet at C3. The goal is to make it easy for anyone to jump in at anytime. We will have the teaching then break into small groups in the sanctuary. After 6 sessions of every other week, we will then launch those smaller groups of people with a leader from within that group, to take it into a home. We will let you know how it works.
- Had our second meeting for ISI (Iron Sharpens Iron). This 4 month leadership growth track has only 5 other guys instead of 10 like last session. I like the smaller group better. I feel we are connecting and growing and I'm excited to see how this plays out.
- Took my boys in the woods today for some tree climbing, frog catching, rock throwing boys and dad time.
- I have made the decision to run the Indianapolis Marathon in October and try to run it fast enough to qualify for the Boston Marathon in 09. I have to start running a lot more miles between now and then. It will be very close to see if my training will hold up under 26.2 miles. Time will tell.
- Also, my last 3 stops at Subway have landed me winning either a drink or a cookie. The Lord is good!

No comments: