Friday, August 1, 2008

missing my family


Tonight is the last night of the 2 camps back to back. I've met some incredible people and have seen God change a lot of lives, but I'm ready to get back with my family and my amazing church. As a dad and a husband, when I go away for a while, it's amazing how it makes me realize how much I love my family. My prayer is that I never take them for granted. Are you taking anyone for granted?

Also, I had a couple of firsts in my life:
- I drank a Thomas Kemper rootbeer.....amazing!
- Saw the camp where they filmed the first "Jason" movie....or so I was told.
- Ate cocunut on my oatmeal
- Saw the cascade mountains....breathtaking
- Saw a mule deer in the wild
-
Some non-firsts, but were still cool:
- Went on a huge harness swing
- Got to zipline several hundred feet
- Tubing behind a boat in view of a mountain with snow on it
- Experienced 85 degree days and 40 degree mornings
- Ran up the side of a mountain (pic from the top)

No comments: