Monday, August 11, 2008

Prince Charming

While here on vacation, we had a little birthday party for my little girl Kali, who is turning 3. We got her a cake with a plastic princess figure on it. Without asking, they also put a prince figure on it. She wanted to know who the prince was, so I told her it was daddy. After the cake was gone, she continues to play with the princess and "daddy." I want to be the only "prince" she needs until she is at least 35....OK, maybe 28. The point is, I want my little girl to know that she always loved, protected and cherished by her father. I have seen time and time again working with teenage girls, where they seek in other boys or men, the love and acceptance that they have not received from Father. As Kali's daddy, I will do my best to let my little girl know she is loved.

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Awesome Man! Check my post "A Walk"8/10/08.