Wednesday, March 26, 2008

my pride

The Bible says "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want God opposing me. I feel like I have layers of pride that I'm constantly dealing with in my life. Just when I think I have almost got my pride under control, God reveals another level to work on. Currently, I'm taking a deep look at my motives. It could be after a conversation or even preaching I will ask, "why did I feel I had to say that?" I have found myself at times saying things to try to make me look better in someone else's eyes. I really didn't even realize it at the time until God revealed it to me. It could be something like, "last week I flew to ???? and used this one quote." Why did I feel I had to say anything about where I went, why couldn't I just give the quote. Anyway, it could just be me, but I am trying to remove the pride from my life. If and when you do this, you will find areas you didn't even know existed.
Here is a closing quote: (and I didn't fly anywhere to speak it) "If you talk about yourself, it's called bragging, but if someone else talks about you, it's called a reputation." (I actually think it's original)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being transparent.