Thursday, March 6, 2008

content

I have heard it said "It's right to be content with what you have, but not with who you are." This week we are starting two weeks of messages entitled "Death By Suburb." I really think that so many of us are always concerned with having what is just out of reach, that we miss the beauty of what we have. Our culture is constantly telling us what we don't have and what we need to have to be happy. That happiness and contentment comes in stuff. Many have bought into this lie and live very hollow and empty lives. I never want to lose sight of, or appreciation for, what I have and the true joy comes from my creator and His love. I also don't want to waste my life on things that don't matter in the long run. I want to strive to continually develop myself and be grateful for what I have been blessed with.

No comments: