Thursday, March 27, 2008

marriage counseling


We have a lot of young couples getting married at C3, which means a lot of marriage counseling. So here is the idea, rather than do it all myself, have some solid couples in the church do the counseling, couple to couple. The mature couple would meet with the new couple for 3 sessions before the wedding and then have a few follow up sessions after the wedding. This could be an incredible time of mentoring for this young couple as well as an opportunity for the older couple to minister. The couple doing the mentoring, after having now worked with several couples, could even do a small marriage retreat with those whom they are mentoring. I'm really feeling that would be more effective than just meeting with me 3x's prior. I'll tell you how it is working in about 6 months.

5 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

SERVE...

I like it. There are a lot of good guidance materials for marriage mentor couples. Among the best are from N.A.M.E.

Dave Kidd said...

SERVE...

I like it. There are a lot of good guidance materials for marriage mentor couples. Among the best are from N.A.M.E.

Dave Kidd said...

SERVE...

I like it. There are a lot of good guidance materials for marriage mentor couples. Among the best are from N.A.M.E.

Konan Stephens said...

Thanks Dave, I will look into that. Any other ideas on this from you would be greatly appreciated. I know this is your passion. Also, I'm excited to hear that it's going to work out with you and my dad. You guys are set up for something great!

Unknown said...

You have pointed out some great points. Glad you made this very relevant topic for those who are trying to find this out. Likewise thanks for sharing this. Keep it up!

Counseling Jacksonville Fl