Thursday, February 21, 2008

spending


What am I spending my life on? At the end of my life, how many of my years will have been spent on things that don't matter? What does matter? When I am laying on my death bed as an old man, (hoping I live a long life) what will I be most proud of and most guilty of not doing, or doing wrong? These are questions that I want to be asking now and making adjustments now. I think the key is defining success for yourself. If success is driving an expensive car, living in a big house and having a title at my job, then at least you know what it is. But, if it is pouring your life into your family and doing all you can to make a difference by influencing the lives of people to find and walk with Jesus, then that is another. The key is knowing what you are spending your precious life on and being intentional with it.

No comments: