Thursday, February 7, 2008

I quit

"I Quit!" was a phrase my dad would never allow us to say growing up. Whether it was a board game, leaving a sport in the middle of the season or anything else we would start, we could not quit. He would say "Stephens never quit." I think we all have opportunities to quit especially when we feel discouraged or fail at something. In those times, we are being shaped for the future. Sometimes overlooked though, is quitting after we have succeeded. Peter Drucker says, "No one has ever made a significant impact after they won the Nobel Prize." I think it is very tempting to sit on our past successes and "quit" moving forward. There is something deep in the heart of champions that will not let them quit, whether through success or failure. It can't be bought or sold, but it is decided in the choices they make, their attitudes toward life and the thoughts that they think. So whatever you are going through, don't you dare quit. We bare the name of my Heavenly Father and He will never quit!

No comments: