Friday, February 15, 2008

Reality

Today, we met again with our church growth consultant. He has already given us some incredible wisdom on future expansion and upcoming pitfalls. Getting this modular here and set up is really like our first building campaign and procedure. Just like a building, it started low and continues to rise in price. What started at 12k is now heading toward 60k. OUCH! As the leaders we are forced to make some tough calls of what to do. We are growing at a rate that we need space, but having a mostly younger congregation, means lower giving. One thing I know and have learned, is that God's provision always follows God's vision. Our faith must now become even more of a reality with all these buildings, loans, raising money, etc, hanging in our very near future. It's funny how every step God is asking us to step out in, get's continually farther and more of a faith jump. So, I'm doing my best to keep my eyes focused on Christ......and am ready to continually jump as far as I can. Lord, may my faith continue to grow as I follow YOUR lead......that's my prayer.

No comments: