Tuesday, September 16, 2008

opportunity


Due to the huge windstorm that we had on Sunday night, at vast majority of the roofs and homes were affected somehow. Several in my neighborhood were damaged. I used to be a roofer and many of the homes need very little repair to fix the damage. So today when I get home, I already have 2 roofs that I will repair. One of my neighbors a couple doors down, is about to lose his father to lung cancer. I don't really know him that well, but hope that through a simple act of kindness and my prayers, I hope to show the love of God in a tangible way. As followers of Christ, we need to constantly look for opportunities to reflect HIS love.

3 comments:

Josh Stephens said...

I've seen your roofing capabilities... maybe their better off with you staying away :)

brent salyers said...

Doing the same in Mansfield... Great opportunities to be Jesus with skin on!!!

Konan Stephens said...

Josh you're a punk! ha