Wednesday, September 3, 2008

the call

Last night after midnight, I got "the call." You know, the one that when the phone rings, you know it is not going to be good news. It was my dad calling me to say that my grandmother had passed away. It is truly bitter/sweet. Nanna was in pain and her health was bad, and she asked us to pray that God would take her home.....and HE did. This morning in my prayer time, I imagined my grandmother dancing around heaven worshiping God in her new body. I wonder what she would tell me, now that she is in heaven. I'm sure the outlook on our earthly lives, looks very different from her new perspective. I'm sure many of the things that I value, aren't really that valuable, and many of the things that get little of my passion and attention, are most important. Her life and passing causes me to think of our memories together, and the words of life that she has spoken over me in the past. There is no doubt that her life, has helped shape my life and I am eternally grateful. I will do my best to honor my promise to my grandmother, to bring as many people with me to heaven as possible.

8 comments:

Nightshade said...

I'm sorry...

Dave Kidd said...

Prayers for you and your family Bro...

Pastor Joe said...

The imprints that those Godly grandparents and parents make are immeasurable. I'm praying for you and your family...

Dave McPeek said...

Praying for you Konan and your family brother..

shawna said...

You seem to be doing a fantastic job with your promise. =) Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tawnya said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother, Konan. Prayers are being sent your way.

Katie said...

We tried C3 last sunday. I just checked out your blog, sorry to hear about your loss. She soundes like a awesome woman, and you were blessed to know her so well.

Konan Stephens said...

Thanks for your heartfelt concern and encouragement.