Saturday, September 20, 2008

34

Today I turned 34...ouch. We got up early as a family, and went to Hocking Hills for the day. I got to run a 5k race there this morning. I ran a 23:19 and won the whole race. The course was 70% uphill, and on steep trails with roots, bridges and steps. It was cool having my kids there cheering me on to the finish. Following the race, we all went hiking. My boys love to climb, and today they got to do that. By the end of the day, they were dirty and loving it. We snagged some ice-cream on the way home and Chipotle for dinner. Life is truly good. I told my kids today, that there isn't any other people that I would rather be with on my birthday than them. I am such a blessed man!

3 comments:

Andy Warren said...

Congrats on the race! 34 isn't too bad...ha ha

Konan Stephens said...

it's getting younger & younger...ha.

Nightshade said...

Happy Birthday from the *other* side of 35...