Saturday, September 6, 2008

faster than the pastor 5k


Today, C3 held our first ever "Faster than the Pastor 5k." We had a lot of people that helped pull this event off. We had right around 50 runners and raised close to $1,500 dollars to give to put in sidewalks for Pickerington schools. Combine that with the city agreeing to match what we raise and it totals right at $3,000. Also, Noodles & Company have agreed to give us 25% of their profits today from anyone eating their and mentioning our church or the race. OK, so here is what you are really wanting to know, I did have to give away a shirt that said "I was Faster than the Pastor." Shane Wricker from C3 (former Univ. South Car. runner) ran a 17:00 and I came in 2nd at 17:25. Altogether we had a good race for a good cause and fun was had by all. I have to also add that my 3 kids ran the different age group fun runs and they each had fun and Kaden even won his race.

No comments: