Friday, April 18, 2008

quote on a picture in Starbucks


This morning, I was in a meeting with an incredible couple at Starbucks. On the wall was a great quote. It said, "the deeper the roots, the farther the reach." Wow, what a truth! The cool thing in life, is that truth is from God. So although it may be hanging in Starbucks, it really belongs to God. Jesus said, "I am the way, the TRUTH and the life." It's amazing how God can speak to us from just about anything. I mean we expect to hear Him speaking or find truth when we pray or read the Bible.....but what about a Starbucks picture hanging on the wall? My prayer is to be open and teachable 24/7 in all areas of my life. When I feel I found some truth, then I "test it" to make sure it lines up with God's Word and the person of Jesus Christ. If it does, then I have just grown a little more in my journey with Christ.

No comments: