Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm speechless

Yesterday, I got a call from a respected minister in our Assembly of God circle, asking me if I was going to the Central Sectional Pastors meeting. I wasn't planning on it, until he said I should really think about it because he wanted to cast his vote for me for Presbyter (sectional overseer). I was speechless! Totally honored at his confidence in me, I talked to the wife, laughed and showed up to the meeting. To my surprise, as the voting went on, I was still in the running until they said my name as the new Presbyter. I almost laughed and got up and was again just about speechless. It's funny, but this is how God has always worked in my life. He puts me in positions I never asked for, nor really saw myself doing.
I will do my best to make this section of Ohio the healthiest it can be. It should be an adventure......and I'm always up for those!

7 comments:

Ryan Day said...

Congratulations Brother Presbyter. FYI - don't be surprised if get some support for District Sup. I've been working behind the scenes!!!

Dave Kidd said...

Hey man, your dad just called with the news! Congrats!

People recognize God-given vision and God responds to obedience with FAVOR!

Ha... and you're telling me to hang on tight...

Unknown said...

I will now refer to you as "byter"....

Andy Warren said...

Bro

Congrats...It's awesome to see God's favor again!

Konan Stephens said...

Thanks, I'm again speechless!

Pastor Josh said...

Congratulations... I am excited to see the direction and fresh life that will come into the Central Section... Congrats!

Pastor Joe said...

I can't believe that I am honored to play golf with the new presbyter! I will have to bring my holy towel. Congrats!