Friday, April 25, 2008

farming life


Yesterday, touring an historical living farm, complete with people working the farm, dressed like and using tools that were straight out of the 1800's. The big thing was SIMPLICITY. Everything they did and the tools they used were basic. Also, I was amazed at how they weren't in a big hurry and stressing about deadlines and appointments. It was an era of hard physical work and closeness of family. When there is no place to go and you are working with your family everyday, I would think you would be pretty close. Also, with no electricity, when the sun goes down, they would go to sleep pretty early. It just got me thinking how complex we have made life. It's also crazy how with all our gadgets of cell phones, wireless internet and text messaging, our lives haven't slowed down any, but rather have only speeded up. I just want to do my best to keep perspective as I journey through this life.

2 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Hey Man,

I have a barn that needs mucked out and plenty of pitch-forks if you want to escape to the simple life for a bit ;)

Konan Stephens said...

nice.....hey don't call me, I'll call you. ha