Wednesday, April 30, 2008

idols


I was reading in Psalms this morning where it that said "They have become like the idols they worship." This is still true today. Whether we worship the God of money, fashion, image, self or something else, we truly do begin to take the shape of our idol, both internally and externally. Why? Worship is something that consumes us. Our thoughts, time, energy, money and life are all then geared toward our new god. What do you worship? What has control of your thoughts, your money and your time? Is that what you want to become?

2 comments:

Chris Smith said...

Hey man, I've enjoyed your blog. I just started one myself, check it out if you have time at chrismith.blogspot.com. And I look forward to connecting with you in OKC. See you then.

Konan Stephens said...

see you in a couple weeks