Tuesday, April 1, 2008

faster than the pastor 5k


Today, I have a meeting to see about C3 putting on a 5k road race where all the proceeds will be given back to our community. Every year we would take on a different cause, whether the police station, local school, community pool etc. We would have all the normal awards with overall winners and age groups awards, but some extra awards for all those who can beat THE PASTOR. (There I go again talking in the 3rd person) They would get a shirt that says "I was faster than the pastor." Although that would be more great advertisement for our church, I will make sure they earn it....ha. Anyway, we are looking to find our niche of 4 major community events that we can make an area staple. Our "Eggstravaganza" is there, now we have to put a couple more events on the radar of our community.

3 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Ok! I'm inspired! But, how about a .5k road race? Hey, I need to start somewhere! Ha

Konan Stephens said...

ha....we are actually having a 1 mile fun run there as well.......But that is as close as we are going to get to your .5k
Ask my dad the last time he raced his 5yr old grandson in a 1 mile fun run. The kid has mad skills!

Derek said...

Get that 5k going...I'll run it!