Wednesday, October 24, 2007

never taken for granted

Last night I spoke at Dayton CLC's Youth Ministry. We had a great time and saw God do some cool stuff in students lives. My good friends Andy & Beth Warren are about to step in as new YP"s and I am totally stoked for both them and the church.

A.D.D. side bar - My heart is to NEVER get to the place where I take for granted the anointing and/or the presence of God. I have seen where some ministers have gotten so accostomed to the anointing, that treat opportunities to preach the sacred Word of God, without the respect that is deserved. It's almost like we can become addicted to God's Anointing to the place where we get "used to it" and not realize what God has entrusted to us.....until it is gone. I mean look at Samson! God's anointing and power was on his life even when he began to stray and walk the fence......until God removed it from His life. My heart is to do my best to treat anything that God trusts me with, with utmost care, fear and respect.

No comments: