Friday, October 19, 2007

Day with my kids

My Keri has been at the Ministers Wives Retreat for the last couple days. Which means......I get to hang with my kids the whole time! It really has been fun. I get a little work done during their nap times and after their bed times. But when they are up, I want to be all there for them. God convicted me a few years ago of how I put some much time, energy, creativity and focus into my work and give my family the leftovers. Now when I'm home, I want to be ALL there. I want to give them my very best. There are times when I come home exhausted......but my kids are excited and ready to play. In those times, I must die, so they can live! Truly, their little lives are my greatest investment, legacy and proof of what kind of man that I really am.

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Amen!

So glad you learned that while the kids are young.