Monday, October 29, 2007

advisory board

Last night, Gary Fowler and I went with 2 of our advisory board members to a "Leadership Tour" put on by our district office. I feel totally blessed to have a board that understands their role and carries it out. I have been in many churches where the board feels their role is to "represent" the church and to make happen what the people are desiring to see happen. Or there is a serious power struggle on direction and if it's something they don't completely agree with. In the end, the church always suffers and it's growth is stiffled.
I am incredibly blessed to have board who's role is to support me by being a sounding board, accountability, prayer support and friendship. Our model is - Staff Guided, Board Guarded and Congregation Gifted. I am loving this journey.

No comments: