Sunday, October 21, 2007

Anger/Forgiveness

Today, we talked about anger and forgiveness. It was great to see some people in both services respond to God's Word as the Holy Spirit does the work that only HE can do. A couple key points were:
- Anger says, "You owe me"
- The root of anger is: I'm angry because I did not get my way.
- The fact is that something has been stolen from us, and we want someone to pay up.
* Most of the time, what had been taken, can never be repaid.
- How long will you allow someone you don't even like, continue to control your life?
- The remedy for anger is forgiveness.
- Quit playing the role of the victim.
* Victims are powerless and can only react.
- Mt 18:21-35
* Forgiveness = Canceling the debt



- Mad props to Andy Stanley -

2 comments:

Shaun Williamson said...

Hay, My Name is Shaun Williamson (I am a Youth Pastor in Illinios)
We have just started a sermon series with our Jr. High students titeled "MySpace" the theme is idenity. Were wanting to talk about labels and thought of the message you preached During Sr. High Camp on Monday Night. I was wondering if I might be able to get your notes or an outline of that message.

Thanks for your Help
Shaun Williamson
e-mail: shaunw@jerseyvillefirstfamily.org

Konan Stephens said...

That shouldn't be a problem.....I will try to shoot them out today.

I like the title!
Konan