Friday, August 31, 2007

rematch


Tonight, we will be parking cars on our lot for the football game going on next door. Our community is starting to realize if they park at C3, they get something for free. Last week in the heat it was water, today it's tootsie pops. Tonight, is the rematch of the State Championship (div 2) game where Pickerington Central (us) lost to Piqua. The only thing good to come out of that game last year was that their runningback is now at Ohio State. This game is bringing some hype to Picktown.
Personally, when I lose in something, I always want a rematch. I want to know if learned anything from the loss. Did it make me better or worse? A rematch is all about adaptation. Can I adapt to their strategy better than my opponent can to mine? At C3, we are all about adaption. How can we adapt the most relevant message in the world (that of Jesus Christ) to make it clear and relevant to the people of East Columbus? That is the question that we will continue to wrestle with till Jesus comes back.

No comments: