Thursday, August 30, 2007

feed yourself


Today while speaking at GCA's student chapel, I challenged the students to "Feed Yourself". I shared how with my kids, there was a process where they move from the bottle to solid food. Also, that someone feeds us and then we slowly learn to not only feed ourselves but prepare our own food. I think we have too many Christians who's spiritual growth has been stunted by a lack of spiritual nutrition. They eat only on Sunday morning which is a second hand revelation. As a pastor when God gives me a Word and I deliver it, it is still 2nd hand. I got it and passed it on. That is good, but it can;t sustain a spiritually growing person much like one meal a week would sustain us physically. As Christians we must learn to find and consume our own food. To get those first hand nuggets of revelation from the Almighty God.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I couldn’t help but think of eating someone else’s chewed food - sick Konan just sick! I've been reading your site weekly now for a few months, keep writing!

Konan Stephens said...

dave,
Great to hear from you my friend. I hope you are doing well.
konan