Monday, August 27, 2007

independence vs dependence


Mondays are my day off and I love hanging with my family. Today, I played with my kids in the backyard. My little 2yr old Kali is now moving into that independent stage. "I wanna do it", is her new slogan. She is exploring and climbing and running. (although her run in the same speed as her walk, with only her right arm pumping faster) But independence is a natural thing for our kids to begin to desire and even live out. In our spiritual lives though, it is just the opposite. The more mature I become in my faith, the more dependent I become on Jesus Christ. When this begins to happen, we move from our small paradigms of things WE can accomplish to a complete, new, uncharted realm. God sized dreams! That's the only way I want to live.

No comments: