Thursday, August 16, 2007

speed networking


Today, I went to Pickerington's Chamber of Commerce monthly luncheon. As a member of the Chamber, they have been a great asset to us to help connect in our community as a new church plant. There were about 50 other business leaders there, and they did a speed networking luncheon. We ate and then all had business cards ready and sat in chairs facing each other in a half moon shape in 2 rows. They said go, and you each of us had one minute to exchange cards and give your mini presentation. I got to connect with a ton a people in a matter of 30 - 40 minutes. It was gold. I got an interview for a radio station and 2 people who will visit us this Sunday out of it. I also made some great first connections with business leaders in our community. I think as church leaders we must work hard to get out of our offices.

No comments: