Friday, January 12, 2007

Reflection on your life

Just going through my pda notes of past lessons learned and I landed on this one. A couple of years ago I attended the funeral of a friend. It was hard to see someone so young and vibrant waste away before my eyes. At his funeral, I was amazed at how many people showed up to pay their respects. I penned (digitally) these words: "It's not what is said at your funeral, but who shows up. It's not what you said in life, but what you did, and not who you wanted to be, but rather who you became. We can never go back. We can only choose what to do with the here and now. Lord, may I give my all, that at the end of my life, there is only a used up carcus left over because I rang every bit of life out of it. All I am, for all YOU are!"

Have you ever taken time to reflect what would be said at your funeral and who would show up. It would be those lives that you invested in. Make in a great day!

No comments: