Thursday, January 25, 2007

measuring


There is an old saying that says, "What's measured, gets done", and I believe it to be true. We have instruments to measure everything from our weight to how much gas is in the car. Many, we use on a constant basis while others, we would rather not even look at. If we want to move forward in a certain area of our lives, then we have to somehow measure it. I have a Personal Growth Plan in several areas of my life that helps me to measure how I'm developing and in what areas I need work. It is broken down into 5 categories that are mind, body, soul, family and finances. Each category then has several measuring sticks under them. Such as, exercise 6x's a week for no less than 30 minutes a day. That is measureable. So I either hit or missed the mark. What gauges or measuring devices do you have in your life to keep you accountable? What one's do you need? Remember, "what's measured, get's done".

No comments: