Monday, January 8, 2007

evaluated experience

In my thoughts this morning becuase of interacting on my blog was this quote, "Experience is not the best teacher, evaluated experience is the best teacher." Experiences can be our greatest asset or our greatest baggage. The real question is did we learn anything from it. I try to evaluate all the time, whether conversations I had, situations I have been in, or just plain why something didn't go as planned. This is key if we are to continue to grow and learn.
A core value of C3 Church is to "Evaluate Everything". This can be tough, especially when there is an honesty because the good of the church body is at the forefront. But if you take this evaluating experiences seriously, it will change you, or at least help you identify what needs to be done. So, are there any experiences you need to evaluate?

No comments: