Thursday, January 18, 2007

AU - Automobile University


I have still been attending school ever since I left college. In fact I pretty much still go almost 5 days a week and I still haven't graduated and really have no plans to. That's right, I attend "Automobile University"! I, probably like you, spend a good bit of time in my car. This is an incredible time to learn and grow. Whether it is a audio book, podcast, think time, prayer time, etc, that time can be used to grow ourselves. It is so simple yet over time compounds to make you a well read (well traveled..ha) well rounded person. You only need to be intentional about preparing a little in advance with a trip to your library, bookstore or itunes. This morning I personally attended a Spanish class on my way to the gym and listened and a story of determination that inspired me on the way back.
How much time do you spend in your car? Could you be more productive? Ok, how and when?
My friend Troy Jones said "We grow daily or we die gradually".

1 comment:

Sean said...

I used to practice language class while communiting to work. However my wife pointed out that this isnt neccessarily an area to grow in. So now I spend my 1 hour commute in prayer. Gotta say it is better than the "language class". Lots less stress.