Tuesday, January 30, 2007

experience rules


In the past, our culture in the US has moved from the "industrial" to "information" to "service" and now to the "experience" age. Everyone wants an experience. What does Harley Davidson sell? Not motorcycles, but an experience. Where else can a middle aged balding overweight white guy (I think that's almost me) drive through a small town and be feared? How can Starbucks sell a .10 cup of coffee for $4.00? You are paying for the experience. Now tie this in with our churches and God. People want an experience with God. If we can lead them to that, they will believe. But they can't experience until they feel they belong. So our heart at C3 Church is to help people feel they belong, so they can experience God, so they in turn will believe. I hope I'm making sense. If not I'll just go get another cup of coffee.

No comments: